Schirmer Insurance Group is celebrating 40 years of Business by committing 40 acts of kindness or service by giving back to various community programs. For the month of April we are partnered with My Sister’s House.
My Sister’s House is local organization that is working to break the cycle of domestic violence by providing support and services to empower domestic violence survivors and their families in the area. My Sister’s House is a 501(c)(3) non profit that relies on the generosity of the community and drives such as the one we are holding.
We are holding a drive for much needed supplies beginning now until April 28th. Stop by our office anytime Monday – Thursday 8 am – 5 pm or Friday 8 am – 4 pm.
We have a bin available for donation both women and children (all ages and sizes) for gently used clothing, outerwear, footwear, undergarments, handbags, accessories, books, childrens toys and other helpful items.
MUST HAVES URGENT NEEDS
- Bath towels
- Bath mats
- Hand towels
- Laundry Detergent
- Shower Curtains
- Breakfast Cereal
- Non-perishable foods, eg: Hormel dinners, canned ravioli and spaghetti-o’s, family-size boxed macaroni and cheese, ramen noodles, etc.
- Food/restaurant gift cards to easily-accessible chain restaurants and grocery store
- Prepaid phone cards
- Prepaid Cell Phones and Chargers
- Portable power packs to recharge cellphones
- Gas Gift Cards (Any amount appreciated, no Shell cards please)
- Visa Gift Cards (So clients may purchase urgently needed items at a store near them)
- Uber Gift Cards (purchase here)
For more information on how you can become involved and help My Sister’s house check out www.mysistershouse.org